This blog is designed to bring simple and actionable digital marketing tactics to your attention. It’s appropriate to begin 2023 with a basic checklist of key items that most if not all businesses should do to improve their digital presence, build awareness, and get found when a prospective client has a need that you can fulfill.
Here is the checklist:
Does your website rank on page one of Google search for your most important keywords?
- Do you have your main keyword in the title tag on each of the pages of your website? Example: painting contractor near me | Your Company Name
- Do you have a separate page for each of your core services and primary brands?
- Do you have fresh, unique content on each of the pages of your website?
- Does your HTML code reflect primary categories of products and services?
- Are you using Google Business Profile to rank organically with Google?
- Is your website optimized for revenue conversion (visitors to callers, appointment calendar, ecommerce sales)?
Is your website mobile friendly?
Have you optimized correctly for the Google Map Listings?
- Have you properly optimized your listing?
- Are you on all the major online directory listings with the same company name, address and phone number?
- Do you have a proactive strategy for getting new online reviews with each new satisfied customer?
Are you active on social media?
- Do you have your business profiles set up on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube? How many followers do you have on each?
- Are you posting useful consumer problem-solving content to your social profiles and website blog on a daily or weekly basis?
Are you leveraging email marketing?
- Do you have a database with your customer email addresses?
- Are you sending out a monthly or weekly email newsletter?
- Are you leveraging email to get online reviews and to draw customers into your social media profiles?
Are you taking advantage of paid online marketing opportunities?
- Are you targeting Google searchers?
- Are you retargeting website visitors?
- Are you retargeting Google searchers by keyword?
- Do you have a premium ad on Angie’s List, Yelp, or your industry specialty directory?
Do you have the proper tracking in place to gauge your ROI?
- Google Analytics
- Call and text Tracking
Each of these tactics work in harmony with the others. It is possible to have an effective marketing strategy without one or two of these items. However, as we each struggle for easy ways to grow our business if even one of these are tactics left out, that addition can accelerate growth of awareness and ultimately revenue.
Send us a note if questions arise or we can help with any of these items or any aspect of your digital marketing effort. There is no charge for a consultation.
Have a prosperous 2023!
Digital presence predefined packages that work.